At San Antonio Matchmakers, we know that safety is a factor in your consideration of professional matchmaking over online dating.
This is a trust we value and work to maintain.
Our Background Checks
OUR COMPANY CONDUCTS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK ON EACH CLIENT OF OUR SERVICE, BEFORE ANY DATES OR INTRODUCTIONS ARE ARRANGED.
Upon joining our service, a client must undergo a criminal background check. All background checks are performed by a third-party agency, for offenses going back seven (7) years.
Background checks are specifically geared to discover persons convicted of:
- Offenses that require registration as a sex offender
- Offenses with affirmative findings of family violence
Our program strives to protect our clients. If the background check reveals that a person has been convicted of a felony, is a registered sex offender, or has been convicted of a crime of family violence under Texas Criminal Code § 42.013, they are not allowed into the program. If it is later discovered that someone has been convicted of a felony, is required to register on the federal sex offender registry, or has been convicted of family violence, we will terminate his or her participation in the program.
Criminal Background Checks have several limitations:
- Criminal Background Checks are not foolproof.
- Criminal Background Checks may give you a false sense of security.
- Criminal Background Checks are not a perfect safety solution.
- Criminals may circumvent sophisticated search technology.
- Not all criminal records are made public and records may not always be up to date.
- Only publicly available convictions are included in criminal background checks.
- Our Criminal Background Checks do not cover offenses other than those listed above and do not cover offenses in foreign countries.
In addition to background checks, we also meet every Client in a face-to-face screening. This is our chance to get to know them, their preferences and desires, and to learn if an enduring relationship is really their goal. Our staff has no special superpowers to see through deception to the truth in people's hearts, but they are experienced professionals.
Common Sense in Dating
If you venture into online dating sites, or meet people in other ways, please remember some common-sense precautions:
- There is no substitute for acting with caution when communicating with any stranger who wants to meet you.
- Anyone who is able to commit identity theft can also falsify a dating profile.
- Never include your last name, e-mail address, home address, phone number, place of work, or any other identifying information in your Internet profile or initial e-mail messages. Stop communicating with anyone who pressures you for personal or financial information or attempts in any way to trick you into revealing it.
- If you choose to have a face-to-face meeting with another client, always tell someone in your family or a friend where you are going and when you will return. Never agree to be picked up at your home. Always provide your own transportation to and from your date and meet in a public place with many people around.